From: Tobias Scherbaum <dertobi123@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Gentoo Commitfests
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 10:28:06
1 > I think this is a fun way to build some team spirit.
2 >
3 > Thoughts?
4
5 I think it's a *very* bad idea - both from a QA and a "team spirit"
6 point of view.
7 Instead of having such "commitfests" and bounties for the one who
8 managed to get as many as possible commits done within - say - 5 minutes
9 I'd rather suggest giving out bounties to developers who fixed important
10 bugs and/or implemented often requested features, for example like GNOME
11 did in the past. "Bounties" not necessarily as in "money" but as in
12 hardware, books or $foo. Also those bounties mustn't be offered by the
13 Gentoo Foundation, a "near-ideal" bountie-implementation would allow
14 users/companies to offer bounties to get certain bugs fixed or
15 pre-defined features implemented.
16
17 Just my 0,02€ ...
18