From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Gentoo Commitfests
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 19:08:53
1 On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 12:24:59 +0200
2 Tobias Scherbaum <dertobi123@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > > I think this is a fun way to build some team spirit.
5 > >
6 > > Thoughts?
7 >
8 > I think it's a *very* bad idea - both from a QA and a "team spirit"
9 > point of view.
10 > Instead of having such "commitfests" and bounties for the one who
11 > managed to get as many as possible commits done within - say - 5 minutes
12 > I'd rather suggest giving out bounties to developers who fixed important
13 > bugs and/or implemented often requested features, for example like GNOME
14 > did in the past. "Bounties" not necessarily as in "money" but as in
15 > hardware, books or $foo. Also those bounties mustn't be offered by the
16 > Gentoo Foundation, a "near-ideal" bountie-implementation would allow
17 > users/companies to offer bounties to get certain bugs fixed or
18 > pre-defined features implemented.
19
20 I have to agree on this.
21