From: Sergei Trofimovich <slyfox@g.o>
To: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Mass keywording/stabilisation of ebuilds in app-emacs
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 18:51:34
1 On Thu, 10 Oct 2019 16:49:20 +0200
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Most packages in the app-emacs category have stabilize-allarches in
5 > their metadata because they are arch independent. However, their
6 > keywords don't reflect this and differ from package to package, mostly
7 > for historical reasons.
8 >
9 > So, I would like to mass keyword all ebuilds in app-emacs (as far as
10 > stabilize-allarches applies to them) to the intersection of keywords
11 > of their dependencies. Same applies to stabilisation; if an ebuild is
12 > stable on amd64, I would stabilise it on all other arches, as far as
13 > dependencies allow it.
14 >
15 > Also, any new package added to app-emacs in future would start out with
16 > the complete set of keywords. (I am aware that this doesn't agree with
17 > the policy as it is documented in the devmanual:
18 > https://devmanual.gentoo.org/keywording/index.html#keywording-new-packages)
19 >
20 > Any objections?
21