From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Xmms needs to die.
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 19:00:38
1 Robert Cernansky wrote:
2 >
3 > What bothers me also, is that it has not plugin design like
4 > xmms. Support for plugins is very good because lot of people can write
5 > plugins for lot of things. This is why people do not want to switch
6 > from xmms because thanks to plugins it have so many features that
7 > currently no player is able to overcome it.
8
9 So port the plugins from xmms to $NEW_CLIENT, since xmms is an old piece
10 of crap.
13 > Also I read that it is not possible to play file without addind it to
14 > mpd's database.(?) It seems to be clumsy.
15 >
16 > Can it play streams from internet? Maybe I should install it and look
17 > at it more closely.
18 >
19 > Robert
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list