From: Robert Cernansky <hslists2@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Xmms needs to die.
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 16:45:50
1 On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 17:08:32 +0200 Andrej Kacian <ticho@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > sounds like you might want to have a look at http://musicpd.org - in
4 > portage as media-sound/mpd or media-sound/mpd-svn.
5
6 Thank You for the tip. I looked at mpd also (only on web page). It
7 have probably good posibility to control it via command line. But what
8 about xosd support? (Which I mention in my previous post.) I do not
9 see any info on page about it.
10
11 What bothers me also, is that it has not plugin design like
12 xmms. Support for plugins is very good because lot of people can write
13 plugins for lot of things. This is why people do not want to switch
14 from xmms because thanks to plugins it have so many features that
15 currently no player is able to overcome it.
16
17 Also I read that it is not possible to play file without addind it to
18 mpd's database.(?) It seems to be clumsy.
19
20 Can it play streams from internet? Maybe I should install it and look
21 at it more closely.
22
23 Robert
27 Robert Cernansky