From: Adriaan Leijnse <lordmyth@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Xmms needs to die.
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 17:01:47
1 Yes, mpd can play streams.
2
3 Greets,
4 Aidy
5 2006/8/24, Robert Cernansky <hslists2@××××××.sk>:
6 > On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 17:08:32 +0200 Andrej Kacian <ticho@g.o> wrote:
7 >
8 > > sounds like you might want to have a look at http://musicpd.org - in
9 > > portage as media-sound/mpd or media-sound/mpd-svn.
10 >
11 > Thank You for the tip. I looked at mpd also (only on web page). It
12 > have probably good posibility to control it via command line. But what
13 > about xosd support? (Which I mention in my previous post.) I do not
14 > see any info on page about it.
15 >
16 > What bothers me also, is that it has not plugin design like
17 > xmms. Support for plugins is very good because lot of people can write
18 > plugins for lot of things. This is why people do not want to switch
19 > from xmms because thanks to plugins it have so many features that
20 > currently no player is able to overcome it.
21 >
22 > Also I read that it is not possible to play file without addind it to
23 > mpd's database.(?) It seems to be clumsy.
24 >
25 > Can it play streams from internet? Maybe I should install it and look
26 > at it more closely.
27 >
28 > Robert
31 > --