From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC - Gentoo on the Lab
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 17:32:34
1 On 08/23/05 Ricardo Loureiro wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 21:41:35 +0100
4 > Stephen Bennett <spb@g.o> wrote:
5 >
6 > > portage-ng is dead. There is a rewrite going on, but it'll take a
7 > > while
8 > > to get anywhere near usable.
9 >
10 > I searched a bit to find information about portage-ng but the only
11 > doc I found was Daniel's pdf with just a drawing of the arch itself,
12 > nothing very useful to me. Also the latest news go back almost 2
13 > years. Is there a place with more information on what portage-ng
14 > should be?
15
16 Nope. It was basically one of Daniels naive visions mixed with Pieters
17 science blabla (nothing against science, but I wouldn't call a package
18 repository a knowledge base). If there is any actual information in
19 portage-ng, you have to ask Pieter, but officially it's dead (was never
20 alive really), but don't hope to get anything more than "it's using
21 advanced science, it works and I'll release the code someday".
22
23 Marius
28 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
29 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.
30 --
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list