From: Maurice van der Pot <griffon26@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] kernel bug reporting policy
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:09:18
1 On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 08:12:35PM -0500, Jason Waldhelm wrote:
2 > if a bug is marked as RESOLVED, wouldn't that be even more reason to see it?
3 > if the bug you are experiencing has been resolved via a patch or whatever,
4 > wouldn't you be interested in the resolution?
5
6 Not if that means I get to see 160 bugs instead of 20 (and this ratio
7 will get worse over time). Then I'd rather look at the ChangeLog and
8 see if anything was mentioned there. If it wasn't, I'll probably try
9 upgrading to see if the problem has been solved.
10
11 But Greg and I both have made our points and I feel that this is now
12 nothing more than a difference of opinion. That is enough reason for
13 me to not argue any further.
14
15 Regards,
16 Maurice.