From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] combining x86 and amd64
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 19:05:15
1 On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 19:42 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 14:36:44 -0400 Olivier Crete <tester@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > | Is it just me, it seems that only sparc/mips devs want that kind of
5 > | change and non none of the x86/amd64 devs...
6 >
7 > The people who have worked with such a system before and understand how
8 > it works and what all it can do want change. Those who don't understand
9 > the system and think that it has all kinds of problems that are really
10 > just a lack of understanding don't want it to change.
13 Maybe, but please give one example of such an 'explanation' that any of
14 the pro-merge devs have given.
15
16 > | I still dont see what practical advantage that would bring to
17 > | x86/amd64 users or developers?
18 >
19 > QA.
20
21 Possible, but once again, why will a merge give 'better' QA ?
25 Martin Schlemmer