From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Multiple Repo Support
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 01:39:12
1 On Friday 30 December 2005 01:35, Spider (DmD Lj) wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2005-12-27 at 19:06 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 > > On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 19:53:14 +0100 Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
4 > >
5 > > wrote:
6 > > | On Tuesday 27 December 2005 18:59, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
7 > > | > Nnnope. If you modify an eclass it forces a cache regen for packages
8 > > | > using said eclass (except possibly if you're using an overlay, but
9 > > | > that's a separate issue...).
10 > > |
11 > > | You're trying to solve something which is already solved, but this
12 > > | has nothing to do with our problem. The question is not listen the
13 > > | possible valid KDE versions or a change of the eclass, but the need
14 > > | to know actual used KDE version. You'd need to call e.g. kde-config
15 > > | to get it. And this breaks caching.
16 > >
17 > > So you RDEPEND upon the version of KDE against which you were built,
18 > > and use the || ( ) flattening feature that's already been proposed.
19 >
20 > Thats actually viable. For -installed- ebuilds, we simply unpack all
21 > RDEPEND logic, remove all use flags ( stored, but the use logic is
22 > removed from the RDEPEND since its already resolved, doesn't need to be
23 > there. The binary is static already )
24 >
25 > Then check vs. the installed SLOT of all RDEPEND packages, and lock our
26 > current deptree to the package of that SLOT...
27
28 I suggested this last Tuesday..
29
30 > I can smell sooo much breakage from this solution. Even though it could
31 > work : )
32
33 I'm not sure to interpret this as "yet another snide remark" or not so I'll
34 give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're referring to sets of
35 ebuilds that require several slots. Before implementing the above, the tree
36 will be checked for any cases where the above idea will fail.
39 Jason Stubbs
40 --
41 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list