From: ifurita@×××××.net
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Directions please
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 07:48:34
1 Hi
2
3 I had been considering loading Linux for a very long
4 time and yesterday after seeing your new release with
5 the unreal demo I decided to finally do it.
6
7 After downloading the ISO and building the CD I ran
8 into a problem. I've been out to newsgroups and
9 websites searching for an answer but alas the answer
10 doesn't look like it works with gentoo.
11
12 My computer is SCSI only and for whatever reason it
13 will not boot from the SCSI CDROM (though it does
14 detect the bootable disk in the drive). So I decided
15 to just create some sort of linux boot floppy.
16
17 Everything I could find about how to do this said
18 to use a program called RAWRITE and the cdrom.img
19 on the linux disk. Problem is I can't find any image
20 files on the gentoo disk nor can I find RAWRITE on
21 there.
22
23 I'm sure you guys must have a way to create a boot
24 floppy but I've not found it in the installation
25 instructions or the alternate installation document
26 on your website.
27
28 Could you please direct me to the location of a file
29 that will tell me how to get gentoo to run from a
30 scsi cdrom drive on a system where I can't boot from
31 that cdrom.
32
33 Thanks
36 Randy