From: Felipe Ghellar <fghellar2@×××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Directions please
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 10:28:03
1 Have you tried the Forums?
2 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=8690
3
4 ifurita@×××××.net wrote:
5 > Hi
6 >
7 > I had been considering loading Linux for a very long
8 > time and yesterday after seeing your new release with
9 > the unreal demo I decided to finally do it.
10 >
11 > After downloading the ISO and building the CD I ran
12 > into a problem. I've been out to newsgroups and
13 > websites searching for an answer but alas the answer
14 > doesn't look like it works with gentoo.
15 >
16 > My computer is SCSI only and for whatever reason it
17 > will not boot from the SCSI CDROM (though it does
18 > detect the bootable disk in the drive). So I decided
19 > to just create some sort of linux boot floppy.
20 >
21 > Everything I could find about how to do this said
22 > to use a program called RAWRITE and the cdrom.img
23 > on the linux disk. Problem is I can't find any image
24 > files on the gentoo disk nor can I find RAWRITE on
25 > there.
26 >
27 > I'm sure you guys must have a way to create a boot
28 > floppy but I've not found it in the installation
29 > instructions or the alternate installation document
30 > on your website.
31 >
32 > Could you please direct me to the location of a file
33 > that will tell me how to get gentoo to run from a
34 > scsi cdrom drive on a system where I can't boot from
35 > that cdrom.
36 >
37 > Thanks
40 > Randy