From: "Dustin C. Hatch" <admiralnemo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] removing the server profiles...
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 08:32:24
1 On 1/16/2013 11:32, Alexis Ballier wrote:
2 > Other option: kill the server subprofiles, keep profiles/target/server
3 > and let people finally set /etc/make.profile as a dir and play with
4 > multiple inheritance. We don't need dozens of subprofiles with only
5 > eapi and parent files in them...
6 >
7 > A.
8 >
9 I would love to see this option, especially if eselect would allow us to
10 activate multiple profiles. It would really make centralizing
11 configuration across multiple machines much easier (i.e. one could
12 activate the base profile and a personal profile from a layman overlay).
15 ♫Dustin