From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] removing the server profiles...
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 19:00:39
1 On 01/17/2013 12:32 AM, Dustin C. Hatch wrote:
2 > On 1/16/2013 11:32, Alexis Ballier wrote:
3 >> Other option: kill the server subprofiles, keep profiles/target/server
4 >> and let people finally set /etc/make.profile as a dir and play with
5 >> multiple inheritance. We don't need dozens of subprofiles with only
6 >> eapi and parent files in them...
7 >>
8 >> A.
9 >>
10 > I would love to see this option, especially if eselect would allow us to
11 > activate multiple profiles. It would really make centralizing
12 > configuration across multiple machines much easier (i.e. one could
13 > activate the base profile and a personal profile from a layman overlay).
14
15 Funtoo has been active in this area:
16
17 http://www.funtoo.org/wiki/Funtoo_1.0_Profile