From: Charles Marcus <CMarcus@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] System Recovery - New Core Functionality request...
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 15:18:47
>> Something that I have always wished for, whether on a Windows system or >> Linux distro, is the native ability to *easily* (think 'brain-dead >> simple') make an emergency bootable Recovery CD/DVD.
> Take a look at Mkcdrec: > > http://mkcdrec.ota.be/project/ > > We don't appear to have an ebuild for it ATM.
Actually, that was what I was thinking would be used, but someone else may know of something better. As I said, I know that I (being the non-programmer that I am) could cobble something together and eventually make it work, but I think that System Recovery is something that is important enough, especially for systems that take a long time to get set up (like Gentoo doing a stage 1 install), that if Gentoo had this as a part of the *core* functionality that was installed and ready to go 'out of the box' so to speak, it would just be one more reason that Gentoo was 'just better'. Just mho... -- Charles Marcus I.T. Director Media Brokers International 678.578.2200 x224 678.578.2240 fax -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list