From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] System Recovery - New Core Functionality request...
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 16:19:06
1 On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 11:18, Charles Marcus wrote:
2 > Actually, that was what I was thinking would be used, but someone else
3 > may know of something better.
4 >
5 > As I said, I know that I (being the non-programmer that I am) could
6 > cobble something together and eventually make it work, but I think that
7 > System Recovery is something that is important enough, especially for
8 > systems that take a long time to get set up (like Gentoo doing a stage 1
9 > install), that if Gentoo had this as a part of the *core* functionality
10 > that was installed and ready to go 'out of the box' so to speak, it
11 > would just be one more reason that Gentoo was 'just better'.
12
13 This would be pretty simple with catalyst. All you would need would be
14 a proper set of .spec files to do a backup.
15
16 This might be something for us to look into with catalyst once we
17 stabilize the release process a bit more. We think we're almost there,
18 so it'll definitely give us a lot more time to implement new features.
21 Chris Gianelloni
22 Release Engineering QA Manager/Games Developer
23 Gentoo Linux
24
25 Is your power animal a penguin?