From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Stabilization of Python 3.1
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 19:35:16
1 Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <Arfrever@g.o> said:
2 > Stabilization of Python 3.1.* will be requested at the beginning of november.
3 > There was a suggestion to create a news item which would inform users that
4 > temporarily they shouldn't switch to Python 3 as their main interpreter.
5 > Python ebuilds don't automatically activate Python 3, so I'm not sure if
6 > the news item is required. What is your opinion about it?
7
8 Please don't do this. The stable system is meant to "Just Work". We
9 don't need people switching between python versions and making half of
10 their system unusuable. There is absolutely no benefit to moving it to
11 stable.
14 Mark Loeser
15 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
16 email - mark AT halcy0n DOT com