From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Stabilization of Python 3.1
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 20:47:36
1 On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 15:35:08 -0400
2 Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <Arfrever@g.o> said:
5 > > Stabilization of Python 3.1.* will be requested at the beginning of november.
6 > > There was a suggestion to create a news item which would inform users that
7 > > temporarily they shouldn't switch to Python 3 as their main interpreter.
8 > > Python ebuilds don't automatically activate Python 3, so I'm not sure if
9 > > the news item is required. What is your opinion about it?
10 >
11 > Please don't do this. The stable system is meant to "Just Work". We
12 > don't need people switching between python versions and making half of
13 > their system unusuable. There is absolutely no benefit to moving it to
14 > stable.
15
16 I have to agree. It gains us nothing and creates an opportunity for
17 disaster. Anyone wanting python-3.1 has the ability to unmask it.
21 fonts, Character is what you are in the dark.
22 gcc-porting,
23 wxwidgets @ gentoo EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662