From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: EAPI 6 portage is out!
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 16:29:52
1 On Sun, Nov 22, 2015 at 4:54 PM, Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 22/11/15 05:51, Andrew Savchenko wrote:
3 > Is the state of stable really that bad? I see this sentiment a lot.
4 >
5 > I run mostly-stable systems and rarely have an issue with old/missing
6 > packages (but I'm involved in the maintenance of many of the packages I
7 > use so I try to keep on top of stable requests).
8 >
9 > Are there particular areas that are lagging particularly, or is it just
10 > in general?
11
12 I also run mostly-stable systems, and mostly haven't had problems.
13 Some specific areas lag (like apache-2.4), but I think generally it
14 works quite well.
15
16 Cheers,
17