From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA Team's role
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 02:15:03
1 Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o> said:
2 > No, it's the exact opposite of what you're saying. You want to commit
3 > first and let the maintainer bring it to the council. I'm saying the
4 > maintainer has the right to have any non-security commit to his/her
5 > package reverted pending a decision.
6
7 Yea, I realize now I read it wrong :)
8
9 > The maintainer should be the absolute authority over his/her packages,
10 > and only the council should be able to overrule maintainer decisions in
11 > the case of disagreement between the maintainer and anybody else.
12
13 I think it really depends on the situation, but in general I disagree
14 that something should be left in a state that the QA team finds
15 questionable/broken. It should be a very rare occurence that this comes
16 up, since we don't really want to override what the maintainer says, but
17 I think the QA team should have this right in extreme circumstances.
20 Mark Loeser - Gentoo Developer (cpp gcc-porting qa toolchain x86)
21 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
22 mark AT halcy0n DOT com
23 web - http://dev.gentoo.org/~halcy0n/
24 http://www.halcy0n.com