From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] FYI: multilib-strict no longer in FEATURES of targets/developer/make.defaults (pending on bug 424423)
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 16:59:12
1 On 14.08.2012 16:35, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
2 > On 14/08/2012 02:57, Samuli Suominen wrote:
3 >> I highly dislike libexec and have been moving stuff over /usr/lib/$pkg/
4 >> on "daily basis"
5 >
6 > So instead of discussing this you just decide you don't like the path
7 > and go with your preference?
8 >
9 > Honestly I would have preferred for this to go through council as _it
10 > already went through it once_....
13 Sorry I was vague in that statement, I meant moving to both /usr/lib/
14 when suitable (and usually the default from upstream lately) and
15 /usr/lib64/xfce* (Location of .so Xfce plugins)
16 Xfce had compability code for finding plugins from /usr/libexec only for
17 4.10 series, and is marked as -DXFCE_DEPRECATED code, 4.12 will solely
18 use /usr/lib64/xfce4/
19 I've done nothing against the status quo, only following sane reasoning
20 and defaults from upstreams who have made a strong case for it being so,
21 or when they have actually made it impossible without carrying custom
22 patches forever
23
24 So all good, I hope this cleared misunderstandings
25
26 - Samuli