From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Place of EAPI variable in ebuild
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 00:42:22
1 On Freitag, 9. November 2007, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > What if I want to use EAPI=1 features in an eclass? So if we for example
3 > we have an ebuild using EAPI=2 and then it inherits and eclass that sets
4 > EAPI=1 for slot deps.
5
6 You check which EAPI the ebuild sets, then either continue or die. Handling
7 depends a bit upon, if EAPI should always be downwards compatible. Ideally
8 only unset EAPI (for trivial ebuilds) and same EAPI would be allowed
9 combinations, as this would simplify doing incompatible upgrades.
12 Carsten