From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Place of EAPI variable in ebuild
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 22:46:08
1 Ciaran McCreesh kirjoitti:
2 > On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 23:55:51 +0200
3 > Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o> wrote:
4 >> Usually it's best that ebuild variables follow the order that is in
5 >> skel.ebuild. So know we should decide where to place EAPI. I suggest
6 >> we put it it after LICENSE as that's where the more technical stuff
7 >> like SLOT starts. Attached a patch for skel.ebuild.
8 >
9 > It needs to go right at the top, before 'inherit'.
12 What if I want to use EAPI=1 features in an eclass? So if we for example
13 we have an ebuild using EAPI=2 and then it inherits and eclass that sets
14 EAPI=1 for slot deps.
15
16 Regards,
17 Petteri