From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: Thomas de Grenier de Latour <degrenier@×××××××××××.fr>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild copyright attribution?
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 16:01:48
1 On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 11:37:51AM +0100, Thomas de Grenier de Latour wrote:
2 > On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 11:36:01 -0500
3 > Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o> wrote:
6 > > In another post in that thread, he said that he had consulted with his
7 > > lawyer and dual copyrights were, indeed, a bad idea.
10 > Hi,
11 >
12 > I couldn't find this other post in my gentoo-dev archives. Could you
13 > please quote it? Or, Daniel, could you reexplain the why please? That's
14 > not that I want to restart this discussion, but I remember that in
15 > August I had the fealing that it was not really concluded, and it seems
16 > that I was not the only one. Also, I'm curious about the disavantages of
17 > shared copyrights in US laws, because in France, it is really a good
18 > thing, with no drawback I can think of.
21 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/copyright-assignment.xml explains
22 pretty much everything.
25 Jon Portnoy
26 avenj/irc.freenode.net