From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 47: Creating 'safe' environment variables
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 00:51:27
1 On Friday 10 February 2006 01:20, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > Mmm. Do you consider the cost of slightly simplified wording in the
3 > GLEP now to be worth extra effort that may be required in the future by
4 > some especially whacked out port? I'd prefer to see at least a note in
5 > the GLEP stating that three part keywords are legal if they ever become
6 > necessary.
7 What do you think about something like this?
8
9 "Although the use of 2-parts keywords is suggested, the use of extended
10 keywords with 3 or more parts is not denied. In case of an inevitable need
11 for 3 or more parts keywords, those keywords can still be used.
12
13 > Yeah, *I* know how they work. I suspect that many people reading the
14 > GLEP, however, are going to go "Huh? Why do we need this lot at all?".
15 Valid point, will check to put that in the GLEP.
16
17 > Then your example code is wrong :)
18 That's vapier's example code actually, and no it's not wrong.
19 Last entry, for the same variable, rules. Of course, variables merges
20 together.
23 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
24 Gentoo/ALT lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE