From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Server hardaware give away (misc archs)
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2017 06:04:50
1 On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 10:18 PM, R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 7:20 PM, Brendan Horan <brendan@×××××.hk> wrote:
3 >> Hi everyone,
4 >>
5 >> I have some hardware I would like to see go to a good home.
6 >> I would prefer it to be someone working with Gentoo.
7 >> That was my goal, but life changes :)
10 >> I have the following :
11 >> * HP j6750 (2x cpu PA-RSIC)
12 >> * HP Zx2000 Itanium2 (single cpu) (custom 4ru unit)
13 >> * IBM Power 6+ p560 (dual cpu)
14 >> * Sun SPARC T5120 (single cpu)
15 >>
16 >> The systems are all in working order. With decent specs.
17 >> All have 8gb of memory or more
18 >> All have at least 2 disks (ranging from 32gb to 300gb)
19 >> I have some misc spares for all of the above.
20 >> If you want more details on any of the systems please ask.
21 >> You can also catch me on IRC @ #gentoo-proxy-maint
24 >> Ideally I would want to ship it to one location.
25 >> If you then wanted to ship interstate/country from that point I don't care.
26 >> I live in Hong Kong, no one hear but scrap metal places what this kit.
27 >> I don't mind helping pay some of the shipping costs.
28 >> I do not want payment for the systems, just a good home vs the scrap heap.
29 >>
30 >> Thanks
31 >> Brendan
34 > Hello,
35 >
36 > I would very much appreciate it if I could claim the IBM Power server.
37 > I have been interested in IBM's Power architecture and its supporting
38 > hardware for quite a while now. There are not many machines sold on
39 > the secondhand market and I do not have the funds to purchase one in
40 > that way.
41
42 Sorry for the follow-up. To clarify, I expect to be able to cover the
43 cost of shipping.
44
45 > The specs are mostly irrelevant as long as it has a Power
46 > CPU, but they would be nice to know.
47 >
48 > The use for the machine would be to experiment with the novel
49 > architecture while maintaining it with Gentoo, which would likely
50 > spill over into providing support for Gentoo on IBM Power.
51 >
52 > I will try to catch you on IRC, but hopefully you receive this message as well.
53 >
54 > Respectfully,
55 > R0b0t1