From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Email subdomain
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 23:59:25
1 Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 09:32:55 +1100
3 > Ben Skeggs <darktama@×××××××××.au> wrote:
6 >>Anyway, the most important reason for the GLEP (IMO) is giving AT's
7 >>r/o access to CVS. When working on bugs, it's always fun to find out
8 >>that the problem has already been resolved and just hasn't made it to
9 >>your local rsync mirror yet..
12 > Out of curiosity, what's the more important aspect of r/o cvs:
13 > - more up to date
14
15 Not necessarily true. We would not have the anon cvs access from our
16 primary cvs server. It would be synced on a regular basis to a separate
17 box. The newer cvs (which isn't on lark yet) may give us capabilities to
18 have a more 'live' cvs anon system. But as of now, the best infra can
19 provide is 30 minute updates. I don't want to poll the cvs more than
20 that to keep down the load.
21
22 > - easier selective updates
23
24 Yup, that's definitely a plus.
27 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
28 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
29
30 ---
31 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
32 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
33
34 ramereth/irc.freenode.net