From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Experiences with rc5: emerge clobbering its own config, depmod & emerge screaming, BitchX symlink error
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 11:42:50
1 On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 01:34:44PM -0400, Chad M. Huneycutt wrote:
2
3 > >This was intentional so that are developers are reminded of bogus ebuilds. Chad
4 > >has already found a way to fix this (see the archives of about a week ago), but
5 > >to my knowledge no production ebuilds have yet been fixed.
6 > >
7 > Actually, I have fixed gzip and gdbm. I will fix the others by the end
8 > of this week. And I want to reiterate that all developers please look
9 > at my previous posts about info files and make sure they check any new
10 > ebuilds. I have seen a couple packages showing info errors lately.
11
12 Thanks, Chad. Yes, everyone should make sure that their new ebuilds don't install
13 bogus .info files.
14
15 Best Regards,
18 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>