From: "Chad M. Huneycutt" <chad.huneycutt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Experiences with rc5: emerge clobbering its own config, depmod & emerge screaming, BitchX symlink error
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 11:38:47
1 Daniel Robbins wrote:
2
3 >>3. After an emerge I get a warning about all missing info files. Again, I
4 >>believe this is a known issue that doesn't stop things working.
7 >This was intentional so that are developers are reminded of bogus ebuilds. Chad
8 >has already found a way to fix this (see the archives of about a week ago), but
9 >to my knowledge no production ebuilds have yet been fixed.
10 >
11 Actually, I have fixed gzip and gdbm. I will fix the others by the end
12 of this week. And I want to reiterate that all developers please look
13 at my previous posts about info files and make sure they check any new
14 ebuilds. I have seen a couple packages showing info errors lately.
15
16 Chad