From: Dhruba Bandopadhyay <dhruba@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Postfix config-what happened?
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:52:16
1 <quote who="C. Brewer">
2 > I just popped in the new postfix (2.0.16) and saw this during etc-update:
3 >
4 > default_destination_concurrency_limit = 2
5 > alias_database = hash:/etc/mail/aliases
6 > local_destination_concurrency_limit = 2
7 > alias_maps = hash:/etc/mail/aliases
8 >
9 > tacked on the bottom of main.cf...these variables have their own little
10 > blocks they were stripped out of just to re-tack them back on the end. I
11
12 Hello
13
14 Yes. I have to say that I too found this particular oddity quite
15 inconvenient and unconventional. The following was found at the end of
16 /etc/postfix/main.cf on a fresh merge of postfix 2.0.16-r1.
17
18 readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.0.16-r1/readme
19 default_destination_concurrency_limit = 2
20 alias_database = hash:/etc/mail/aliases
21 local_destination_concurrency_limit = 2
22 alias_maps = hash:/etc/mail/aliases
23 home_mailbox = .maildir/
24
25 I'd already been through the entire file and configured these very options
26 earlier in the file and then found them repeated at the bottom resulting
27 in duplicates. Can these not be placed at the correct positions in the
28 file?
29
30 Also, the default for default_destination_concurrency_limit is 20 whereas
31 the options given at the bottom of the file changes it to 2. Is this
32 correct?
33
34 With regards.
35 Dhruba Bandopadhyay.