From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] www-client/chromium gtk3 support
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 10:50:21
1 On 09/10/2015 12:45 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 4:47 AM, hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
3 >> On 09/10/2015 08:21 AM, Daniel Campbell wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>> For me to not support gtk2 in the spacefm ebuild would be providing a
6 >>> package inferior to upstream.
7 >>
8 >> That sounds like spacefm with gtk3 is lacking anything. It is not.
9 >> Providing choice for the sake of choice is not always a good idea.
12 > Suppose you want to run on an embedded system with limited RAM and the
13 > ability to choose means you can use one of the two libraries
14 > exclusively, thus eliminating the need to load the other library?
15 > Being able to control what libraries are in use is a key feature of
16 > Gentoo, IMO.
19 We are not optimizing GUI desktop systems for embedded systems . That's
20 totally unrealistic and not a real use case.