From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [FRC] News item: Changing USE flags for >=app-backup/bacula
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 01:46:10
1 tomjbe posted on Tue, 15 Aug 2017 19:49:33 +0200 as excerpted:
2
3 > think we can find a proper formulation for the use flag description in
4 > metadata.xml, e.g.:
5 >
6 > director - Installs the backup director additional to the default file
7 > daemon.
8 > storage-daemon - Installs the storage daemon additional to the default
9 > file daemon
10
11 FWIW, "additional to" is understandable, but AFAIK nonstandard (sounds
12 like ESL/English-as-a-second-language, using grammar from the first).
13
14 The phrase "in addition to" works much better to my eye/ear.
15
16 Or just use "plus", if "in addition to" makes it too long...
21 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman