From: tomjbe@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [FRC] News item: Changing USE flags for >=app-backup/bacula
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 06:04:36
1 Quoting Duncan (2017-08-16 03:45:35)
2 > tomjbe posted on Tue, 15 Aug 2017 19:49:33 +0200 as excerpted:
3 >
4 > > think we can find a proper formulation for the use flag description in
5 > > metadata.xml, e.g.:
6 > >
7 > > director - Installs the backup director additional to the default file
8 > > daemon.
9 > > storage-daemon - Installs the storage daemon additional to the default
10 > > file daemon
11 >
12 > FWIW, "additional to" is understandable, but AFAIK nonstandard (sounds
13 > like ESL/English-as-a-second-language, using grammar from the first).
14 >
15 > The phrase "in addition to" works much better to my eye/ear.
16 >
17 Thanks for the hint. I was not sure which one is better.
18
19 Thomas.