From: Tim Harder <radhermit@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] using markup language for eclassdoc tags
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2021 12:29:15
1 On 2021-01-04 Mon 04:18, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > I'm all for switching to rST in the foreseeable future but let's stick
3 > with the existing syntax for the transition period, i.e. until new
4 > pkgcore is stable and deployed on Infra. I'm not saying you have to
5 > strictly copy the existing magic, just get a reasonably readable result
6 > for the existing eclasses.
7
8 The existing syntax is supported by the current work that just uses
9 literal blocks for all multiline text fields. This attempts avoiding all
10 the semi-formatting issues, the downside being that text flow across
11 paragraphs is broken since all the formatting is preserved as written in
12 the eclasses.
13
14 Pivoting to an actual markup language will be trivial if/when that
15 occurs.
16
17 Tim