From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: media-optical@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] cdrtools license issues
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 20:26:59
1 On Friday 01 September 2006 14:26, Greg KH wrote:
2 > On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 02:44:59PM +0200, Carsten Lohrke wrote:
3 > > As discussed here?, the author of cdrtools, J?rg Schilling, violates the
4 > > GPL in his application, by building GPL software with CDDL licensed
5 > > makefiles as well as linking mkisofs to libscg, which he relicensed to
6 > > CDDL lately. Debian seems to fork? cdrtools therefore.
7 > >
8 > > Imho we have to remove the partly and incompatible relicensed
9 > > cdrtools-2.01.01 alpha ebuilds from the tree.
10 >
11 > No, we should just stop distributing the prebuild image in our release
12 > and live cds. We do not have to do anything with the package in
13 > portage, as it is the user who builds cdrtools that does the violating
14 > (and only if they then redistribute the built binary).
15
16 i agree completely
17 -mike