From: Dan Meltzer <parallelgrapefruit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Package Removal
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 01:54:51
1 I think you gave the wrong forum link :)
2
3 On 10/23/06, George Prowse <cokehabit@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > A user has stated this in a thread. Could someone respond please?
5 >
6 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-510146.html
7 >
8 > "I suggest that the devs don't hard mask packages, especially ones
9 > depended on by several other ebuilds, until notice has been given in the
10 > GWN's pending package removal section. If proper notice were given, then
11 > there would be much less user outrage when they suddenly can't update
12 > their systems after syncing their portage tree."
13 > --
14 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list