From: George Prowse <cokehabit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Package Removal
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 02:16:28
1 Dan Meltzer wrote:
2 > I think you gave the wrong forum link :)
3 >
4 > On 10/23/06, George Prowse <cokehabit@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >> A user has stated this in a thread. Could someone respond please?
6 >>
7 >> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-510146.html
8 >>
9 >> "I suggest that the devs don't hard mask packages, especially ones
10 >> depended on by several other ebuilds, until notice has been given in the
11 >> GWN's pending package removal section. If proper notice were given, then
12 >> there would be much less user outrage when they suddenly can't update
13 >> their systems after syncing their portage tree."
14 >> --
15 >> gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
19 I'm really sorry, that was me tidying up some forum spam *oops*
20
21 Here is the proper one: http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-510130.html
22
23 Apologies once again.