From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Moving more arches to dev profiles
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 18:55:21
1 Am Donnerstag, 22. August 2013, 13:28:24 schrieb Markos Chandras:
2 > >
3 > > Do we actually have examples of this happening? I've never had
4 > > problems with a mix of stable and ~arch keywords. Granted, I'm not
5 > > running ~arch on most libs.
6 >
7 > Wow! That is something we actively encourage people to avoid. Mixed
8 > systems are totally
9 > unsupported and I am sure quite a few bugs are closed as invalid when
10 > a mixed system is detected.
13 Markos,
14
15 outdated information. I'd consider that standard and recommended procedure.
16 Whoever closes bugs with "combining stable and testing is unsupported" needs a
17 good kick
18 .
19 Cheers, A
22 Andreas K. Huettel
23 Gentoo Linux developer (council, kde)
24 dilfridge@g.o
25 http://www.akhuettel.de/