From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Sets in the tree
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 23:42:27
1 On 08/15/2013 04:21 AM, Markos Chandras wrote:
2 > On 14 August 2013 21:17, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3 >>>>>>> On Wed, 14 Aug 2013, hasufell wrote:
4 >>
5 >>>>>>> And their lack of time (to be polite) should not block general
6 >>>>>>> progress in gentoo.
7 >>>>>>
8 >>>>>> Perhaps these basic notions of how Gentoo development works
9 >>>>>
10 >>>>> You certainly are not an authority when it comes to that
11 >>>>> question...
12 >>>>
13 >>>> Well no
14 >>
15 >>> exactly
16 >>
17 >> Stop it. Now.
18 >>
19 >> gentoo-dev is a list for technical topics, so please take your
20 >> personal quarrels elsewhere.
21 >>
22 >> Ulrich
25 > Last warning for both hasufell and Ciaran. Keep the discussion on
26 > acceptable technical and polite levels or go away
29 I'm quite surprised that you attack hasufell now for his valid opinion
30 that PMS is not well maintained and does not reflect reality adequately.
31
32 (not well maintained: simple patches take months to get applied, and
33 even then often need council interference to be applied. Does not
34 reflect reality: Multiple cases like mandating bash 3.2 that we don't
35 even have in tree anymore, so no compliance testing possible. Not
36 documenting package.mask as a directory for EAPI0 even when that feature
37 existed in portage before the initial release of PMS. Etc. etc.)
38
39 And I really do not appreciate this weirdness of "LAST WARNING!!11" ...
40 it doesn't work on 6-year-olds, so don't expect it to work on a group of
41 strongly individualist nerds.
42
43 Makes me want to tell you "Last warning! Don't warn people again, OR
44 ELSE!" just to see what happens.