From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Sets in the tree
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 08:05:03
1 El jue, 15-08-2013 a las 07:42 +0800, Patrick Lauer escribió:
2 > On 08/15/2013 04:21 AM, Markos Chandras wrote:
3 > > On 14 August 2013 21:17, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
4 > >>>>>>> On Wed, 14 Aug 2013, hasufell wrote:
5 > >>
6 > >>>>>>> And their lack of time (to be polite) should not block general
7 > >>>>>>> progress in gentoo.
8 > >>>>>>
9 > >>>>>> Perhaps these basic notions of how Gentoo development works
10 > >>>>>
11 > >>>>> You certainly are not an authority when it comes to that
12 > >>>>> question...
13 > >>>>
14 > >>>> Well no
15 > >>
16 > >>> exactly
17 > >>
18 > >> Stop it. Now.
19 > >>
20 > >> gentoo-dev is a list for technical topics, so please take your
21 > >> personal quarrels elsewhere.
22 > >>
23 > >> Ulrich
24 > >>
25 > >
26 > > Last warning for both hasufell and Ciaran. Keep the discussion on
27 > > acceptable technical and polite levels or go away
30 > I'm quite surprised that you attack hasufell now for his valid opinion
31 > that PMS is not well maintained and does not reflect reality adequately.
34 Wouldn't be much easy to try to get sets support approved for the next
35 eapi? (eapi6 I think). Once we get the usual problems, we can complain
36 but, who knows, maybe (as it's already implemented in a PM) it doesn't
37 take so long to get approved (or maybe I am being too optimistic :( )
40 > (not well maintained: simple patches take months to get applied, and
41 > even then often need council interference to be applied. Does not
42 > reflect reality: Multiple cases like mandating bash 3.2 that we don't
43 > even have in tree anymore, so no compliance testing possible.
44
45 Maybe a quick new eapi bump (5.1?) including this and other small
46 changes that are quick to implement could help :/
47
48 > Not
49 > documenting package.mask as a directory for EAPI0 even when that feature
50 > existed in portage before the initial release of PMS. Etc. etc.)
53 I wasn't aware of this issue at all, does it have a bug report tracking
54 it? (for knowing its status, why it is being ignored or bringing the
55 problem to the council if needed) Please take care that not all people
56 are aware of the PMS related issues :)
57
58 Thanks!