From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: Daniel Armyr <daniel.armyr@××××.se>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] kernel bug reporting policy
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 07:18:30
1 On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 07:22:06AM +0200, Daniel Armyr wrote:
2 > > You want me to do the reporting? No, I want the original user to
3 > > report them. They can work with the original developers to determine
4 > > the problem, and the fix. Working as an intermediary will help no
5 > > one, and only waste time.
6 >
7 > If this is the case, perhaps a comment should be added to the
8 > documentation. I believe it is clearly stated in the installation docs
9 > that all bugs should be submitted to Gentoo, and that Gentoo devs will
10 > then decide which tofix themselves and which to pass upstream.
11
12 That's still true. I look at the bug, and then tell the user where to
13 submit it if I feel it's an upstream bug. I know the upstream kernel
14 developers don't want me being the intermediatary in the way of
15 reporting a bug, it just will not work out.
16
17 thanks,
18
19 greg k-h