From: Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Gentoo calendar for tracking Gentoo events
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 23:05:17
1 On 03/10/2010 04:42 PM, Duncan wrote:
2 > So a gmail account is now considered mandatory for Gentoo devs, at least
3 > if they want calendar access?
4 >
5 > What about those who might think that Google knows enough about them with
6 > search and the web crawling and database correlation Google does, and
7 > whatever ad serving might leak thru, and object to having a gmail account
8 > on principle?
11 Honestly, Google calendar works well enough that I'm not sure that I
12 like the idea of re-inventing the wheel. Maybe if somebody designed
13 some kind of open calendar access protocol that was comparable.
14
15 If you don't like Google tracking all that you do, create a gmail
16 account and don't use it for ANYTHING but Google Calendar. That will
17 greatly limit the amount of database correlation they can do.
18
19 If somebody has a suggestion for a reasonable multi-user calendaring
20 infrastructure that has reasonably close feature parity and isn't a bear
21 to maintain I'm sure it would be considered.
22
23 Rich