From: Caleb Tennis <caleb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: qt.eclass
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 12:38:37
1 On Friday 01 July 2005 03:55 am, Chris Bainbridge wrote:
2 > > Why not just use =qt-3.3 since qt3 probably wont have any new major
3 > > release ?
4 >
5 > This would seem like the easiest option. Is there any reason not to do
6 > it this way?
7
8 Yes, two of them.
9
10 1. You don't know that there won't be a 3.4 qt
11
12 2. You'll force a user to upgrade to qt 3.3 if they attempt to install any
13 package that depends on Qt. Speaking from personal experience, I still have
14 some servers using Qt 3.1 because I have programs running 24/7 that rely on
15 Qt and simply cannot be upgraded right now.
16 --
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list