From: Tom Martin <slarti@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Sources for the entire OS
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 01:01:39
1 On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 05:48:41PM -0700, Peter Johanson <latexer@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 05:42:30PM -0700, Kaarthik Sivakumar wrote:
3 > > Is there a way to get the entire sources for all of the base OS, not
4 > > just the kernel? Like in the BSDs, where under /usr/src you have the
5 > > entire source for the entire OS that you can build and install and you
6 > > will have a full OS. On my gentoo box, under /usr/src I only have the
7 > > linux kernel sources. Thanks.
8 >
9 > you can get the source *tarballs* placed into /usr/portage/distfiles by
10 > doing something like "emerge -e world -f".
11
12 emerge -ef system will fetch tarballs for just the base system also.
13 This may be closer to what you're looking for.
16 Tom Martin, http://dev.gentoo.org/~slarti
17
18 AMD64, net-mail, shell-tools, recruiters, vim
19 Gentoo Linux