From: Simon Strandman <simon.strandman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] modular X - 7.0 RC1
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 08:40:31
1 Donnie Berkholz skrev:
2
4 > Hash: SHA1
5 >
6 > The first release candidate was announced roughly 12 hours ago. And
7 > fitting the Gentoo you know as up to the minute, so far beyond the
8 > bleeding edge that it's wearing a Band-Aid before it starts to bleed,
9 > comes the complete package in Portage -- all 296 packages worth.
10 >
11 > Thanks to the dedicated work of Joshua Baergen and me, you've got just
12 > what you asked for -- newer X than even money can buy. Pound on it, test
13 > it, break it, and file bugs. Let us know how it works.
14 >
15 > Metabuilds should be forthcoming shortly. I'd appreciate input on
16 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~spyderous/xorg-x11/metabuilds.txt and in
17 > particular from people on the GNOME and KDE teams.
18 >
19 > Thanks,
20 > Donnie
21
22 Will you add a ebuild for the 6.9-RC1 release also, or will gentoo go
23 completely for the modular tree?
26 Simon Strandman <simon.strandman@×××××.com>
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list