From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Why arch-specific make.conf files?
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 19:29:46
1 On Tuesday 15 November 2005 20:19, Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > From my POV those vars should be set in the profiles instead, and a
3 > quick scan shows that indeed most (maybe all? didn't count them)
4 > profiles set them already, so there isn't really a point in having them
5 > in make.conf too, except to make it easy for users to change them
6 Little note: with Gentoo/FreeBSD I tried avoiding providing CHOST in
7 make.conf, as to change to non-i686 CHOST you need to rebuild everything, as
8 the stage is currently i686-centric, I'm sorry of that, I'll try to
9 automatize a more complete building when I'll have time.
10
11 The problem of this is that distcc-config looks inside make.conf for CHOST
12 instead of using portageq envvar CHOST, so it just breaks :P
13 I think other things might do the same assumption of finding CHOST in
14 make.conf, and beside being plainly wrong, I'm not sure if I want to break
15 everything ;)
18 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
19 Gentoo/ALT lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE