From: Felipe Ghellar <fghellar2@×××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ACCEPT_KEYWORDS + bootstrap.sh
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 20:34:10
1 George Shapovalov wrote:
2 > That said, I agree with your point that gentoo, being a meta-distribution,
3 > should allow its users to break itself as they wish ;). And the best way to
4 > accomodate this would be to add a short note (with appropriate disclaimer,
5 > like "we warned you, if you still insisted, please try to sort your screw-ups
6 > yourself...") to install instructions. Just a regular note in pp11 or 12
7 > should be fine - not too much noticeable/intrusive, but people looking for
8 > that kind of info will find it..
9
10 This sounds like a good compromise to me. :)
13 > As for possible arguments, that the aove scenario is not such a waste of time,
14 > because you can modify bootstrap.sh to omit recompilations.. Well, if you are
15 > going to modify bootstrap.sh, you will notice what it does and will probably
16 > modify it so it picks up your wanted packges in the first place...
17
18 Yes, I modified it as to not ignore my make.conf...
21 > BTW, please feel free to add these comments to the bug you mentioned, so that
22 > somebody may consider modifying docs to suit the situation..
23
24 Ok. :)
32 Busca Yahoo!
33 O serviço de busca mais completo da Internet. O que você pensar o Yahoo! encontra.
34 http://br.busca.yahoo.com/
37 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list