From: "Kevin F. Quinn" <kevquinn@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo 2006.1
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 18:57:05
1 On Sun, 3 Sep 2006 17:44:32 +0100
2 "Stuart Herbert" <stuart.herbert@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On 9/3/06, Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
5 > > Because the thought that stable is always "stable" or that because
6 > > we released things are "stable" is incorrect ;)
7 >
8 > You're not supposed to break the stable tree; that surely must include
9 > stabilising a compiler (which is the _default_ for new installs) that
10 > can't compile all the packages marked stable for your arch.
11
12 That's just not feasible, as we've identified before. You can't expect
13 sys-devel/gcc to take responsibility for every package in the tree in
14 all configurations.
17 Kevin F. Quinn