From: Dhruba Bandopadhyay <dhruba@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE flags
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 22:36:37
1 A. Craig West wrote:
2 > So how does one go about getting a USE flag added to an ebuild? In my case, I
3 > have my own version of the tin ebuild with a 'forgery' USE flag added which
4 > adds the --enable-forgery option to the .configure command. I'm pretty sure
5 > I'm not the only person around who uses that option, so it seems like
6 > something worth contributing to the real ebuild.
9 Well you can either enable the option implicitly without a use flag or
10 enable it with explicit mention dependent on a use flag. The more packages
11 which use that option the more the likelihood of a global use flag else
12 local or no use flag.
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list