From: david@×××××××××.com
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE flags
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 22:59:17
On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 11:36:44PM +0100, Dhruba Bandopadhyay wrote:
> Well you can either enable the option implicitly without a use flag or > enable it with explicit mention dependent on a use flag. The more packages > which use that option the more the likelihood of a global use flag else > local or no use flag. >
Ok, well can anybody explain to me the messyness of the 'doc' use flag ? I see some packages support it, some don't, the ones that do seem to all do it differently. It would be really nice if say.. i wanted a small router type system and I could give emerge USE="-man -info -doc" and omit man pages, info pages, and /usr/share/doc type things... is there any effort for this or do people not care ? /me would be willing to try such a thing if there was interest -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] USE flags Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>